Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome Intro Blog Post

So a little about me... My name is Kari Knisely. I am 30 years old. I am a math teacher in South Texas. I have been teaching for 2 years now. I have my bachelor's degree in Business Management and searched from 2003 til 2008 to figure out that I was suppose to be a teacher. I never used to want to be a teacher, but I love it. I was a 6th grade math teacher (just like my father) for the last 2 years. Next year, my 3rd year teaching, I will be teaching 7th grade math. I just completed teaching 8th grade math summer school as well. I also sell Pampered Chef in free time and just started my Masters Degree in Educational Technology through University of Texas at Brownsville. I am absolutely loving it right now even though I do not have a life this summer. I am learning so much and am so eager to keep learning more and keep up with our technological advancements from now on.

The point of this Blog is to communicate with other educators or others who have an interest in or any ideas to help educators today. Whether it would be from discussing classroom management, technology integration, lesson plans, effectively engaging students, student project/collaboration ideas, or just basic support of from one teacher to another. This can be a place for me and you to share your ideas, comments, concerns, ideas about education and students today.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kari. I like your blogs appearance!! Nice. I like your technology enthusiasm and it's cool that you love teaching. This goes to prove that maybe not everyone is suited to become a teacher. There are definitely good teachers and not so great teachers out there.
    Have a super day!!
    Ricardo Soria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari! Nice blog intro. Your teaching and technology experience will certainly take you places. Hopefully, your colleagues will appreciate your efforts. Take care.
    Olga Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara

    Nice blog, I just wanted to let you know that I also had no desire of teaching at all. I always worked my way up the ladder per say in business and it was'nt until I started college that I finally found my way to teaching. I really enjoy teaching technology and hope to inspire others that it never too late to start a new career.

    Take care
    Blanca E. Pena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Your students, past and future are lucky. They are going to have a wonderful time learning from someone that loves to teach and someone that enjoys technolgy just like them. Good Luck next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kari,
    I hope you are excited about teaching the toughest age group of kids I have ever seen. Because of it being such a tough age group, if you ever get to connect with those kids they will be on your side for life. That is the great part of that age group. Good luck and my best advice is to always be yourself because the kids can tell if you are not being genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kari,
    Your blog looks so full of life. I love it. I enjoy teaching too. Although most people say that middle school students are the most difficult to teach, I have found them to be delightful. Math is a fun subject to teach. It is so rewarding when students learn and gain confidence in their abilities. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Your students are blessed to have a teacher so ready to teach and learn. Good luck.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kari,
    It is really refreshing to see a teacher with such enthusiasm. Your students are really lucky to have a teacher who really cares. Nice work setting up your blog. I hope you have a great time progressing through the Ed Tech Program. Good Luck
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kari,

    Nice blog. I’m glad you found your calling. I was in a classroom for a short time. I was a lab manager at Rio Hondo Middle School. This is when I became hooked on technology. It was during the time of 286 computers with 512K of RAM and 64MB hard drive. We’ve come a long way and we’ll keep moving forward. Good luck in your graduate program.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone for all your comments. Honestly, I didn't realize I had any comments until just now. I thought I got an update when I recieved comments and have been so busy with other things I never really actually checked all the way. So thanks again everyone for all your kind words! I look forward to working with you all thru the MTT and Masters in Educational Technology program as well. Cheers to a great ride!

    ReplyDelete